10.07.2008

DAY OF BIRTH

On October 7, 1987 at 12:14 a.m. I was born into this world. Approximately 21 years later here I am. Happy day of birth to me! Birthdays are so great because every year I'm reminded of how many people love me. That really is the best present. Nothing can match how much love you feel when friends and family send you birthday wishes. It's just nice to know that someone out there cares about you. I'm so incredibly blessed with good friends and family. How did I get so lucky?

Twenty-one years feels like a very long time, probably because I can't remember being an infant, small child, etc. In this time I've learned how to feed myself, crawl, walk, poop in a toilet, read, write, do math, play soccer, dance, play the piano, sing, and many more things. I've made many friends. Some stayed a while, some didn't. Each one had some impact on me, large or small. I've learned to love others for who they are. I've been hurt by some people, but was shaped into who I am today by experiencing those trials. I've crowd surfed. I've laughed so hard that I cried. I've cried so hard that I felt like throwing up. I've climed the Great Wall of China. I've broken an arm. I've dreamed. I've succeeded. I've loved and I've lost. I wouldn't change my life in any way. What a wonderful journey it's been.

Thanks to everyone who made this birthday so great. I love you all!

A long time ago...

Today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (late) I am glad you were born:)

Megan Stefany said...

Hey! I hope your birthday was awesome! Sara invited me over for ice cream, but I was on a bike ride and didn't have my phone and didn't get back until almost midnight...

Hope it was great!

kristin brown said...

Cute post. :) Did I tell you happy birthday?? I think I did... ha ha. :) I like the pictures a lot!