7.02.2009

Oh, the happiness!


I've been waiting FOREVER to have a new blog header.
(I feel like I can breathe again! Yay!)


With the help of my good friend, Lindsay, we accomplished this today.

She came to my city of residence and we played all day long and had a super fun photo shoot with each other.

Now we are going to have a sleepover! Just like the good old days.


And as for the quote, "It's just life... so keep dancing through."......

Wicked came to Utah a few months ago and I had the pleasure to attend. I had seen the musical in New York when I was a Senior in high school and listened to the music endlessly. I love this show for the message it gives, but the words to "Dancing Through Life" didn't hit me until the showing in May. Fiyero sings his "mindless and careless" attitude about life, but that one line got me thinking. "It's just life... so keep dancing through." I don't think life should be thought of as if "nothing matters," but I do think people take life too seriously sometimes, including myself. Life is meant to be enjoyed, loved, filled with happiness... We will encounter hardships, trials, sadness, but those only makes the dance more lovely, deep, passionate, and beautiful.



So this is me...


just dancing through.





17 comments:

camille said...

so this is wierd...today i was thinking (whilst looking at your blog) "jalene sure has had that header for a long time."

i love the new header and i see that you managed to fix the squishy-ness...did the html i give you work?

you.are.rad

Anonymous said...

You've got the most swankified blog header in town! :) YAY for slumber parties and photo shoots and best friends! Keep dancing Frijole!

Chess said...

It's such a pretty header. And I'm just proud I recognized the Wicked reference on it. One day I'll have enough moolah to see that play myself! :)

Lauralee said...

Yeah I really like it. Nice job. And now I'm totally interested to say the show you were talking about. Really cool.

Adele said...

love your new header (: If only I had the tech know-how to do my own! haha (:

kristin brown said...

cute cute! i looove those pictures!

Leia said...

I really like it!

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures & your outfit is perfect.


(my love and i are going to see wicked on thursday! gah!!)

Anonymous said...

i LOVE it! so cute:)

kylee said...

yeppp i'm just one of those random blog "stalkers" you've never met but i just have to tell you i absolutely LOVE your new blog heading!

Sierra said...

Your banner turned out fabulous! How beautiful.

Do you still live in Utah? I grew up in Ogden - my fam is still there and I miss it so much. Oh, and I love Wicked. I saw it here in Cali.

Yes, keep dancing through!! Happy 4th of July love.

Kelsie said...

i love the new header, and the idea. i haven't seen wicked yet - except i have a favorite song already, it's called 'as long as you're mine' - one day, one day soon i will see it!

Sierra said...

It's me again. I gave you a couple of awards at my place! Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

I found you at "Ocean Dreams." She is too cute!!I would love to add one another as followers to help network and increase traffic to eachother's sites! just let me know OR add me and I will then add you as well!:) Have a great evening!

Mandy said...

I love the new header! You are darling.

Callie Ann said...

YOU.ARE.DARLING.

jasmine said...

ooooo! LOVE your new header!! i'm so sad that i didn't see it until today. you must forgive me - we STILL don't have internet at home. le sigh.

these photos make me SO super duper excited that i will be in TWO dance classes this fall. ahhh! can't wait!