10.22.2008

happiness


  • Yesterday I drove to work and at approximately 10:57 a.m. I passed Maverik. I looked up and saw that the unleaded price was a beautiful $3.05 a gallon. I exclaimed in excitement remembering how before I left for my cruise I filled up at a $3.49. I then worked for about 8 hours and again passed Maverik on the way home. I looked up at the sign again to reminisce the joyous moment that occured earlier that day only to see the price was now $2.99!!! What a glorious happy day it is. Gas is under $3, ladies and gentlemen. I am so happy.

  • I have a confession. I absolutely love dancing in my car. I love to blast some of my favorite tunes super loud and sing at the top of my lungs. Sometimes I even try to harmonize, but I'm not very good at that. But I don't really care because no one can hear me and I just laugh at myself. On my long lonely drive back to Logan on Monday I did just this. I hope people saw my ridiculous car dance moves. They would laugh. And laughing freaking rocks. Anyway, one of my all time favorite songs to dance/sing in my car is called "The Best of My Love" by The Emotions. It makes me so happy. I'm beginning to think I'm a Mo-Town girl at heart. I just love it all... The Supremes, The Temptations, Gloria Gaynor, Aretha Franklin, Tom Jones, Frankie Valli.... Awww good stuff! Happiness.

  • Some days I'll just be walking down the sidewalk to class (or home) and I'll want to throw my hands up in the air and jump and karate chop and laugh and smile and dance because life is just so dang good. But I never do it. I imagine in my head. I think people might think I'm crazy, but one day I'll do it. One day I'll get over my slight insecurity about what others might think, and just throw my hands up in the air. That'll be awesome. Life is good.

  • I got out my beautiful electric blanket last night and put it on my bed. Awww warmth. When I woke up this morning I was actually warm instead of cold! This helped in the getting up process which I'm usually TERRIBLE at. I just want everyone to know that I was actually EARLY to my 8:30 class. This has not happened since... about the first week of school. I was so proud of myself, especially because I was showered, make uped, and my hair was completely dry. It was a good day for me.

This is all I have to say today... Mexico was amazing and I will blog about it later. Happy day! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I randomly karate chop in my apartment. I like to see how high I can kick. You rock by the way.

kristin brown said...

You do totally rock. And today after my tests were over I felt like doing the very things you said... karate chopping and jumping and dancing around. Maybe we should do those things together and feel less stupid!
I love that you are happy. I'm so glad. :) You deserve it.