5.13.2009

Owwwww!!!


let's face it...

i am sooooo out of shape.




Today I got the grand idea to borrow my friend's bike and ride it to my 7:30 a.m. class.
Today I wondered how in the heck I ever made it in time for high school by 7:30 every single day for 3 years.

I must be getting old.
I can't wake up without feeling like I'm dying.
So my thought was riding a bike to school would be sooo much easier than walking up that giant mountain to campus.
I was wrong.
I pushed that bike up that hill I've come to loath and thought I was going.to.die.
Right there.
Collapse on the patch of grass by the fraternity houses and lay there to die.

You see... it's been winter for about the last 7 months here in Utah.
Which means I've been cooped up inside or riding the shuttle to school to avoid the retched snow and cold.
I hate winter.
Just so you know.

I desperately need to get back in shape.

I'm going to ride that bike to class everyday
until I feel like I won't lose a lung or until I actually die.
Whichever comes first.
I think I also might buy a dance aerobic video.
Because that is basically the only form of exercise I actually like.
Do you know of any good ones?
Help me.

And wish me luck!



**photo by me. taken in Rome, Italy. love that place**

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love running...but I think I'm probably 1 of 200 people in the whole world that find joy in that. You'd be good at aerobic dance video exercising, I'm not coordinated enough to do those and work up a sweat...too slow. :) If you like jump roping...that is fun! And biking of course, once you get the hang of it. Love you, good luck!

kellichristinecase said...

leisure BIKE rides. at sunset.

with a friend. its heaven.

i find that when i'm using bikes as a transportation vehicle, i feel very out of shape too.

also 10sne1?

Leon said...

I've run the last 3 days in a row. What you should do is find a trail somewheres in Logan and run it. Everyday. Or run that cursed hill. Or just walk it 5 times in a row. Also, Richard Simmons has some pretty good workout videos. :)

jasmine said...

you gotta try tracy anderson's dance cardio. she's reallllllly good.

here's a link to her online store -

http://tracyandersonmethoddvd.amazonwebstore.com/

and here's a link to buy "webisodes" online. 100% of the proceeds from the webisodes go to a nonprofit called "raising malawi" that helps girls in malawi.

http://www.tracyandersonconnect.com/home.php

Ross said...

whatever you do, i want to hear more about that dance vid!