6.22.2009

Monday was a good day.



I woke up happy.


And it remained that way for the duration of the day.


Let me tell you why.


I drove "home" to the parentals house and partook of the beauty of the very sunny (not rainy) day.


Then I ran into a few lovelies from high school at the local grocery store which is always great.

Then I went to Five Guys with the parentals, which was extra delicious! (Try it!)

Then Lindsay Kay and I went to see my nephew, Devin, in a local production of Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat.

He played the part of Judah. He was stinkin' cute. I loved it.



And yes, he is 17 and he is my nephew. We are four years apart and lived together growing up part of the time so it's like he could be my little brother. But I like being his aunt. He calls me "aunty" and I call him "nephew." It's cute. We were in "Footloose" together last summer and it was mucho fun!

After being enlightened with such musical talent, Lindsay and I decided to sit in my car and sing some duets we sang once upon a time in high school together--she soprano, me alto.
The line up:
"I Will Never Leave You" from Side Show
"In His Eyes" from Jekyll and Hyde
and "For Good" from Wicked.

It was lovely. I love singing with that girl.



It was such a good day. :)

10 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness...

I love your dress.

And your day sounded lovely as well.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha-she soprano, me alto, she Tarzan, me Jane. :) You make me laugh. That was fun singing with you again and going to see that amazing show as well! Now all we need to do is sing "A boy like dat, who killed your brudder..." Love you Frijole!

Shrope said...

:) :D :) :D 8) 8D

Whitney said...

Yay!! Glad you had a good day my dear. You deserve it.

jasmine said...

you got the dresssssss!!!! and you look amazing in it!

your cousin is adorable. so cute! i'm glad you had such a great monday!

Mom said...

Don't forget the amazing fabric we bought to make you a skirt. That made Monday complete for me too. Wish I could have heard "For Good."
Always makes me cry since you sang it in Concert Choir on your last performance day (and heard it at "Wicked" in May).

camille said...

hooray for happiness and your awesome blog!

cache and lindsey said...

im so happy you got that skirt, you can pull it off better than anyone i know! amazing! love the picture of the drive home from logan. love your blog!

heisschic said...

you are quite beautiful--- and it's apparent from this blog that your beauty is more than just skin deep!

so happy you had a good day-- let's hope they continue

Kera said...

hey i just got this dress! isn't it fabulous?!?!