4.07.2010

playing a game of "where's waldo"--graduation style.

well, folks.
i just turned in my completed graduation packet and paid my $10 to graduate.
who knew you only had to pay $10 to get a diploma?
hah.  just kidding.

man, that packet was a beast.
let me tell you.
i think they purposely make you run around campus playing a game of "where's waldo"  (or in this case, "where's the dean, advisor, registration office,") just to weed out the students who aren't willing to dash from opposite ends of campus trying to find the appropriate signatures.

don't you think it would be much easier to use some of kind of campus mail delivery system?
a part of me thinks they just want to see if you can figure out the amazing race that is the graduation packet.
it'll help me in real life, right? 
yeah, that's it... they were just preparing me. 

now, i have to figure out how to order a cap and gown... which they've also made completely confusing.
if i can't figure that out, i might have to wear my very maroon high school graduation cap and gown and stick out like a sore thumb in a sea of aggie blue graduates. 




do you think they would allow that?  




p.s. why in the world do they make you purchase a cap and gown?  don't you think that should be strictly a renting business.  i don't know about the rest of you, but i don't really plan on wearing a blue cap and gown to any other occasion in my life time. 

13 comments:

kate said...

wahoo.

graduation! what an accomplishment lady!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

At least you're that much closer to being DONE!

And yes, grad gowns should totally be rentable. My folks have my HS one at their place somewhere. Like I'd ever wear that thing again...

Kara Lynn said...

They should just give it to you after all of your hard work. Just sayin'.

Kara Lynn said...

I just posted a comment. But I am posting another one. As soon as I hit 'post comment' on the last one my computer totally freaked out and started opening new windows with the internet. One per second. For about a minute before it started making a freaky noise and I was worried it might blow up. Nobody likes a blown up computer. So I shut it off real quick. And I kinda wanna see if it'll do it again...

Sabrina Danielle. said...

Congrats on graduating, beautiful girl!

Steph Romney said...

Congrats on graduating! I can look forward to that in...dang it. 3 more years.

Katie said...

I know you don't know me - I found your blog randomly once, and keep coming back because I find it highly entertaining.

Anyway - I graduated from USU last May and have a blue cap and gown that have been used a grand total of once, since you are forced to buy them. You are more than welcome to borrow them if you want. Save the money! If you are super tall, they probably won't fit great.

Alli said...

Hey I'm sure you don't remember me but at some point I was in your student ward in Logan...anyways for college graduation you wear a black cap and gown...of which I have both-the only color is your tassle and some people buy a white ribbon...if you go to my blog I will post a picture from my graduation-most gowns are the same size-there is usually a graduation fair around this time that you can get the stuff at-the registrars office should know the days of the graduation fair or the bookstore (I'm pretty sure the bookstore runs it) if you would like to borrow mine you are more than welcome (I do live in Sandy now though) and I even have the white ribbon.
Sorry this was so long...hope it helps.

Alli said...

better idea than going to my blog...look at this link
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4220571&l=6e59281c96&id=504912819

Jalene said...

hey everyone! thanks for offering me to borrow your cap and gown. i actually am going to borrow one from my friend. but thanks! you all are great!

Kelsie said...

congratulations girl!! as elle woods would say, "you did it!" haha, i just watched legally blonde the other day. don't judge me.

The Baker said...

you don't know me either, I am Kollin's sister. I hit upon your blog randomly from Whit. Anyway, as an Aggie Alumnus, you DON'T have to buy your gown. The cap is yours as part of graduation fees. The tassle as well. The gowns are for rent for $20ish. And all ARE black. (well not the tassles), not that it matters as you seem to have solved that debaucle. Go Aggies!!

Rebekah V. said...

I will tell you that every cap and gown we have ever purchased (and with 4 degrees between my husband and I plus highschool gowns that equals 6) has been used for something. I am not kidding. One halloween we went as a gospel choir and had all of the necessary gowns. You never know when that sucker is going to come in handy. But if I had to guess it would be for a talent show or halloween. How exciting that you are graduating!