11.09.2010

SYTYCD!

last week so you think you can dance came on tour to utah!

months ago, the taylor sisters and i bought tickets

and have been so excited for it since!!



i have such beautiful sister-in-laws!



the show was absolutely amazing!!


i even teared up a couple times.



dance speaks to me.
i just love it.



speaking of dance...




i'm going to try out for the musical Hairspray in two weeks.

out of all the musicals in the world, i've always wanted to be in this one...

but i'm way nervous!!



you see, i've never really liked exercising...

the only form of exercise i actually enjoy is dance.

and because of school and craziness, i haven't danced in OVER TWO YEARS!


yikes...


i stretched and did some work-outs tonight in preparation and i think i already strained my tendon... ouch.



but i'm thinking about starting a zumba class.
have any of you ever taken that class?


what are your thoughts?

12 comments:

Jaimie D said...

i've taken Zumba before, it's really fun but you feel like such an idiot while your doing it..haha!

hmmm said...

I was DYING to go to one of the SYTYCD shows on the tour!!! this season was amazing, loved it—glad you liked the show!

zumba is super fun. and when you come home you'll have all sorts of moves to show the Mr. ha! (the funny part is, I'm not kidding!)

kylee said...

i was at the sytycd concert too! amaaaaazing.

Anonymous said...

looks so fun! I've taken zumba! It's a blast as a workout!

Anonymous said...

You'd like Zumba, Jalene! I feel stupid doing it, because, let's be honest, I don't dance. You on the other hand would probably enjoy it. It's really upbeat Latin American dance, so be prepared to shake yer booty a lot :) Good luck with your tryouts!

Kaela Enzler Frame said...

jalene! zumba is so sooo fun! just make sure you have a good teacher. you and leas should come down and go to one with me. i go a couple times a week. it's a blast!

Kara Lynn said...

Zumba is a ton of fun!! You look around, wondering if you look silly as you are sweating to death. And ten minutes later the whole hour has gone by. It seriously FLIES!! It makes it easy to workout when it goes by that quickly.

Emily Meyerhoffer said...

I see you figured out how to center the pictures- nice work!!

And Hairspray is my favorite too! I hope you are in it so I can come watch!

Which branch did you go to?

Shelby Lou said...

Zumba is pretty much the greatest thing ever! So fun! It's a real workout tho!

Callie said...

Oh how brave of you, good luck!

kate said...

i've been dying to take a zumba class. i'm not one for shaking what my momma gave me in front of everyone though.

good luck with auditions! that sounds awesome!

Marcia said...

Zumba is great! You sweat for an entire hour, which means it's a fabulous workout! And it helps me sleep at night because it really wears me out! Good luck with your tryouts, keep us posted!