5.18.2009

It's time.

 (me and my car in 2004 when i first bought it)
**man, i'm a lurp**

I've come to accept the fact that I need a new car.
My car and I have a love/hate relationship.
We've been together for a very long time.
Summer before my junior year in high school to be exact.
That's 5 years.
Yep, long time...
We've been through a lot together.
-Carpooling my friends around in high school.
-Taking me to many many dance classes, voice lessons, rehearsals, and performances.
-It's been there through the romances that came and went.
-Been a place I could shed my tears over said romances.
-It's climbed the hills above my house where many friends and I have discussed the meaning of life.
-An hour long commute to Weber State everyday.
-To many places of employment such as Hogi Yogi, Orbit, massage school, and current employer.
-It even came with me to Utah State as I began that adventure.
It only gave me a few scares.
-Like the time my main cylinder of my brakes practically went out with a car full of my girls and I somehow swerved and stopped in between two cars.
-Or like the time I was driving to Weber in the middle of a blizzard and all power ceased... found a place to pull over... and waited... and waited... for two hours until someone could come rescue me... this was also the day I spent a very awkward drive home with a really creepy tow truck guy.
It got stolen once too.
When I was a senior in high school.
We found it a block away, completely void of my belongings (dance shoes, clothes, cds), and smelling like cigarette smoke. (sad day)
But all in all, it's been a trooper. (223,000 miles, baby!)
It got me from point A to point B... and C and D... for a very long time.
Always safe and sound.
I love this car.
But it's costing me too much to fix it! (hate)
It's not worth it.
I think it's time for someone to take it back to high school.
It liked it there.
And somehow I'm going to have to accept having a car payment. (yuck)

Oh boy... I'm really quite sad about this.
But really.

Do any of you have suggestions on what kind of car to get that is good in the snow, gets great gas mileage, won't need a lot of repair, and is affordable??? I'm thinking in about the 1999-2005 year range, Toyota? Honda?


Also, what was your very first car story?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, sad day! I will miss Jalene Junior. That car is a trooper. Remember the time we drove around the Viewmont parking lot waiting for the mileage to turn to...what was it? That was fun! And in your birthday video how Josh talked about the lei on your rearview mirror. There are certainly some great memories associated with that car. I will miss her muchly! You should take lots of picture before you get rid of her.

As for car suggestions, I've not yet owned a car, but from my observation and experience Honda is a great, long lasting, fuel efficient, and safe option. On top of that, you get what you pay for. I'm not sure what your price range is, but you should check out your options: http://automobiles.honda.com/

Happy hunting! Let's play soon!

Leon said...

I had a 1980 poopy-orange colored Corolla. Sick car. Wish I still had it. I'm not sure if "good in the snow" and "great gas mileage" go hand-in-hand, but you could always get a truck! Haha Jalface in a truck. Scooters are affordable and get amazing gas mileage... Hmmm.... You could always go with a Honda Accord like the one Kendall drives. It does pretty well in the snow, as good as any front wheel drive, and gets pretty good gas mileage. You could go with a Mazda 3 hatchback, which will be my next car, but it may not be affordable. I guess I'm not help, eh?