1.14.2010

haiti.

when i heard about haiti suddenly my "problems" this week seemed very very small.




i want to apologize for my very selfish habits lately.


as i watched the news reports i was humbled very quickly.
i sat on the couch awestruck by the completely chaos.

i felt this overwhelming compassion for the people in haiti.

and realized how ungrateful i was being for my wonderful life.


i can't even imagine how scared they must be.
how many can't find their family members.
how many people they will have to bury.

how lost they must feel.



you know what reminds me there is good still left in the world?

when something like this happens,
nations from all over the globe come together and

help.


there are many groups out there to help, but if i could recommend one it would be this one

LDS Church Relief in Haiti.



remember to say a prayer in your heart for the people of haiti.






photos via ksl.com


8 comments:

Jacob said...

wow. amen. kinda all you can say about that. very humbling. never know when or where. but so grateful the church is there to assist and to love.
loves,
britt

Anonymous said...

Amen. Thanks for the link.

Kelsie said...

i have to agree. this reminded me that there is a lot of good in the world; while i was watching the news last night i heard of thousands of people from the u.s., switzerland, england, etc all coming together to help. and it made me want to do my part too - thanks so for posting that link.

Mitch and Serretta Barlow said...

You are going to think that I am so lame, but this post made me teary eyed! It's so true how we forget about others sometimes. Those pictures absolutely break my heart. I've been thinking about it so much lately, so it was so cool that you talked about it! Thanks for this post, I seriously needed it.

Mitch and Serretta Barlow said...

Oh and I'm going to add this link to my blog if that's okay. Thank you Jalene!

Whitney said...

Amen. Totally felt this same way.

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I feel the same way. Suddenly my problems seem so superficial! Thanks for posting that link.

EJ said...

wow. that was incredible. very humbling post. i feel about '-' that big. which is very small. we are truly blessed in our lives and it's sad we only realize and appreciate it when something like this happens. thanks for your post.